Opening of Abstract Submission: August 2019
Abstract Submission Deadline: 30 October 2019, 23:59 CET
Notifications to submitters: Mid-December 2019
Please note that abstracts received after the deadline will not be accepted!
Please read this information carefully before proceeding to the online submission form.
The internet abstract submission system works best with Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher and Mozilla Firefox 5.0 or higher and Chrome: 16 or higher.
Abstracts can only be submitted online via the abstract submission form.
Abstracts sent by post or email will not be accepted. No exceptions will be made.
For standardisation, the acceptable length of the abstract is of maximum 2,000 characters. This includes the author’s details, titles and non-visible characters, such as spaces and line breaks.
- Abstracts can be saved in “Draft” status to be re-edited and modified until the submission deadline (30 October 2019, midnight, CET). Therefore, the submitter will be required to create a user account.
- Abstracts fulfilling all criteria can be saved in “Final submission” status. Only abstracts in “Final submission” status will be regarded as successfully submitted and considered for the Congress. The submitted / draft abstracts cannot be edited after the submission deadline (30 October 2019, midnight, CET)
- The abstract should be structured into the following sections:
- A title which clearly indicates the nature of the investigation.
- Background should contain 1-2 sentences that clearly indicate the scientific question of the study and its clinical (or other) importance.
- Materials and Methods should contain sufficient information to be able to understand the experimental design, the analytical techniques and the statistics used in the study.
- Results should contain objective data to answer the scientific question(s).
- Conclusions should provide only conclusions of the study directly supported by the results, along with implications for clinical practice, avoiding speculation and overgeneralization.
- No tables or figures are allowed in the abstract.
- Conflict of interest: It is the intent of IUA 2020 to provide high-quality sessions focused on educational content that is free from commercial influence or bias. Thus, the submitting author of an abstract is requested to declare any potential conflicts of interest for all authors during abstract submission.
- Abbreviations should be indicated in parentheses following their first mention in the text. Trade names cannot be mentioned in the title. However, trade names in brackets will be accepted in the body of the text.
- The submission of an abstract constitutes a formal commitment by the submitting (presenting) author to present the abstract (if accepted) in the session and the time assigned by the Programme Committee. Registration fees will not be waived.
- The presenting author of the abstract must be registered at the conference within 14 days of confirmation of abstract acceptance (the author will benefit from early bird registration fee).
- Please ensure your abstract does not contain spelling, grammar, or scientific mistakes, as it will be reproduced exactly as submitted. Linguistic accuracy is your responsibility. No proofreading will be done. No changes can be made to the abstract after the submission deadline.
- Only original abstracts will be accepted and considered for the review.
- The reviewers will judge the abstracts according to scientific or clinical value, relevance to IUA 2020, conclusions confirmed by objective results, objectivity of statements, originality of work and overall impression.
- The submitting authors will be notified by mid-December 2019 at the email address provided during submission whether their abstract has been accepted.
- If you need to withdraw your abstract a written statement, reflecting the reasons of this decision, must be sent to IUA.firstname.lastname@example.org. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.
- Abstracts can be accepted either as a poster or an oral communication.
- If your abstract is accepted as a poster, you will be requested to be available for discussion during the corresponding poster viewing time. Details on poster format and full presentation guidelines will be included in the notification letter and posted on the Congress website.
For any further enquiries, please contact the IUA 2020 Abstract Handling Team at IUA.email@example.com. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots.